For all skill levels
Campers will learn about our everyday barn life, experiencing what it’s like to care for and tend to horses on a daily basis. They will work with our herd every day. Horseback Riding is a huge part of every day’s activities.
Campers learn Western Discipline as well as horse health/hoof care, tack care & equine science. Campers will be a member of the barn family team in which they will have responsibilities.
Crossroads Summer Camp is about young people taking an opportunity to get back in touch with themselves. The pace of the world slows down, they will have time to share and experience nature’s reality, every moment is NOT booked with entertainment but through being surrounded by creation and all of its purpose, we learn more about ourselves and our purpose.
Our age requirement is 8-13 yrs old.
Each group of campers will form a family team with their counselor for the days they spend together. They will get to know each other, be responsible for each other, share, help each other out, work together, play together and teach each other.
Drop Off & Pick-Up @ Crossroads Equestrian Facility 7382 Magnolia Valley Dr. Eagleville Tn.
Drop off: no earlier than 8:45 am
Pick-up: no later than 3:10 pm
Early Drop-off (7:30am) and Late Pick-Up (5:30pm) available at $10/hr.
1. Farm Team Competitions: tack quizzes, saddling races, obstacle course on horseback.
2. Horse Experience: grooming, healthcare, cleaning, barn fun, feeding, tack instruction, and riding
3. Creek playing and trough swimming.
Play: playing, finding creatures, finding fossils, learning about plant identification.
4. Eagleville Hill Country: hiking, running, playing, games, history of farm.
5. Equine Science: healthcare & feeding of herd, first aid, coat colors and markings, anatomy, breeds, barn care, etc
Thank you for entrusting us with your children at Crossroads Summer Camp!
What to Bring:
2. cap or hat
3. boots or tennis shoes (not sandals or slides)
4. wear clothes that can get dirty and it won’t matter (shorts, jeans, t-shirts)
5. Campers bring your lunch.
6. Reusable BPA free water bottles ONLY!!
What not to bring: ipod, headphones of any sort, game boy, hand-held game of any sort.
There will be no TV, Xbox, etc. You may have a cell phone, but it will be kept by the counselor at “home base”. It can be used at lunchtime only, or in case of emergency. PARENTS WILL HAVE THE COUNSELOR’S PHONE # IN CASE THEY NEED TO CONTACT THE CAMP OR THE CAMPER.
What NOT to wear: Clothing that exposes any portion of any undergarment, strap or strapless tops, short shorts, sandals or shoes with straps or slides.
Book on our online scheduler at www.nashvillehorselessons.
Visited 160 times, 2 Visits today